Latest Team Rankings
Free Text Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
November 4, 2012Finally, it is a week to celebrate another UAB win.
It has been a long time coming and it came against a team that hadn't won a game all season, but with the year the Blazers have endured they will take it and run with it.
After all, it had been since Southeastern Louisiana on October 6th that the Blazers had enjoyed a winning post game locker room. But that's what they enjoyed Saturday night after rallying from a 16-0 halftime deficit to beat Southern Miss 27-19.
The fact that the win came against longtime rival Southern Miss just made it all the better. It was UAB's fourth straight win against USM.
Finally, there was a lot of kudos to throw around after the game.
* Quarterback Austin Brown threw for 228 yards and a touchdown on 17 completions in 29 attempts.
* Running back Darrin Reaves rushed 35 times for 223 yards and two touchdowns that gave him 11 touchdowns on the season tying Joe Webb's single season touchdown record. All 11 of his touchdowns have come in the past six games.
* Placekicker Ty Long had two clutch field goals extending his season numbers to 11-for-13 on field goals and his career numbers to 27-of-32. He is also 31-of-32 on PATs this year.
* Jackie Williams extended his streak to 32 for consecutive games with at least one reception. Williams has caught at least one pass in every game he has played at UAB.
* The nation's leading tackler Marvin Burdette continued his quest for the all-time tackles record when he made 11 stops against the Golden Eagles. He now has 364 career tackles.
* For a refreshing change, the UAB defense came in for its share of kudos. Derek Slaughter had his first career interception; Hunter Mullins had a 61-yard punt; the defense held Southern Miss to 295 yards of total offense with only 112 of that coming through the passing game.
The Blazers now have two straight games at Legion Field starting with Marshall at 3:30 Saturday with Memphis coming in the next Saturday to end the home schedule.